at Hymopack Ltd in Etobicoke
A Extrusion Company is seeking to hire a Extrusion and Conversion Helpers for the production floor. We offer competitive wages annual performance appraisals, continental shifts (12 hour shifts), career advancement and employee benefits . Please apply to the position if you are suitable candidate for this position.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist the Operator in the set-up, operation and adjustment of printing presses, bag machines and auxiliary equipment within Standard Operating conditions
- Clean printing cylinders.
- Assist in placing and removing cylinders from the press.
- Work as part of a Team, in a team environment.
- Assist other shift Operators with as required by Lead-hand.
- Places packed boxes on skids and moves full skids into the aisle for pick up by a Material Handler. Places empty skids for production.
- Changes film rolls on all bag machines.
- Stops and starts the line to change cutting disks.
- Retrieve quantities of ink and solvent for all lines/printers. Checks the ink viscosity at the machine as required to maintain smooth operation.
- Removes filled scrap boxes for pick up by Material Handler. Completes “Weighed Waste” tickets. Makes up new Gaylord (boxes), places them on scrap skids and brings them to the machine.
- Follow all Safety Policies
- Ensure work areas and machines are cleaned as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Vocational School or some college courses
- Associate’s Degree, Trade or Technical School
- Previous experience in plastic extrusion packaging is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.96 /hour
Recent jobs at Hymopack Ltd